Monday, September 8, 2008

Thakoon Panichgul, Fashion Designer

This pic of Thakoon in front of a mirror let's us admire two of his profiels at once--front and side--mmm, handsome!

Here is Thakoon's website with pictures of his collections.

His New York Magazine profile explains he went to Boston University for business, worked for J. Crew and then Harper's Bazaar Magazine, then went on to Parson's School of Design.

According to Thakoon's wikipedia page, he was born in Thailand and grew up in Omaha--wow! This is an aside, but I remember reading this Matt Gross frugal roadtrip article which explained the large Vietnamese community in Omaha and Matt's Pho cravings fulfilled.

It's stunning and exciting to me that immigrants are choosing communities outside of the coasts to raise their families. I'm sure there are lots of handsome Thai-American and Vietnamese-American guys coming out of Omaha these days, and doing neat things! But since I've never been to Nebraska, and don't know it, I would really appreciate if readers could send me pics and leads on these handsome asian american guys from Omaha!

Mmmm, handsome Thakoon in suit and tie

Unfortunately, I cannot embed this NYTimes video of Thakoon reviewing pieces for his upcoming Spring 2009 collection =(. However according to this beet.tv article, the Times will make its videos embeddable soon. You can still watch Thakoon's New York Times video through this link, where you can listen to his hot voice and stare at his lovely, t-shirt expossed arms.

Thakoon on the runway after showing one of his collections!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I grew up in Nebraska, and sadly, Thakoon was the only Asian person in the whole state. And now he left :(

Loukkaew ™ said...

I always look round him. He is a kind of awesome!